Owen Charles Williams was born in the Tasman district on 20 Jun 1847, the son of Charles March Williams and his wife Catherine Storer. He married Frances Eliza Martin on 27 Mar 1883 in Launceston. He was the manager of the Bank of Australasia located at 90 Cameron Street, Launceston. He exhibited a collection of argentiferous and associated minerals from Broken Hill, NSW, and from the Zeehan and Dundas districts of Tasmania, at the Tasmanian Exhibition of 1891-92. He died on 13 Nov 1917 at the Kandy Hospital in Ceylon.