Mary Lyall Scott was born on 25 Aug 1880, the eldest of three children of Samuel Joseph Scott (1850-1919), farmer, and his wife Margaret Lyall Lawson (1854-1899). The family lived at 'Hawthorn', Hagley. Mary had twin brothers, Louis and Mervyn, who were born in 1881. Mervyn died when Mary was eight years old. Her mother was admitted to the New Norfolk Asylum when Mary was 16 years old and died there three years later.
Mary married a farmer, James Henry Jordan (1871-1946), on 22 Oct 1902 at Upper Liffey. They had eight children between 1903 and 1919. Mary lived in Liffey from the time of her marriage until her death on 12 Oct 1954, aged 71. She was buried at the Bracknell General Cemetery.
Mary's mother Margaret Scott and aunt Annie Barber and three cousins are also pictured in the Family Album.