James Chauncey Henry Lyall was described as a shoesmith when he took part in the opening ceremony of the Tasmanian Exhibition in Launceston on 25 Nov 1891. He was born in Wellington, New Zealand, in 1844 to Alexander Lyall and Jane Malcolm. His paternal grandparents were John Lyall and Helen Webster. James married Mary Reardon (or Reading) on 11 Aug 1869 in Launceston. They had ten children between 1870 and 1887. His eldest son Alexander also took up the occupation of blacksmith. James died on 24 Aug 1932 in his 88th year and was buried at Carr Villa C 214 with his wife who had died in Sep 1914.
James Chauncey Henry Lyall
283 Brisbane Street Launceston Tasmania Australia
Alexander William, William John, John Henry, Isabella Jane, James Robert, Andrew William, Elsie May, Leslie Thomas, Hector Hubert & Beatrice Ada
Deborah Thorp & Marion Sargent May 2008 & Mary Cotter Jan 2009