Frank William Craske was born in Colchester, Essex, England, to William Giles Craske and his wife Mary Boulter. It appears that Frank ran away to sea when he was 15 years old. He was a cook and steward on the Leslie in 1867-68 and settled in Tasmania in about 1870, where he was a pioneer of the Bridport and Scottsdale districts. Frank was a shipping agent, harbour master and pilot at Bridport. He built Craske's Jetty which was used to ship tin and gold from the North-East.
After about twenty years in the area he moved to Launceston and joined the office of the Union Steamship Company. He spent some time as the manager for the company in Strahan. After retirement he returned to Launceston and became the honorary secretary to the Mayor's Patriotic Fund.
Frank married Caroline Nash on 29 May 1878. Their first four children were registered in the Ringarooma district between 1879 and 1886 and the two youngest in Launceston in 1890 and 1893. Frank died on 6 Dec 1921 aged 73 and was buried at the Carr Villa Cemetery in the Anglican section B6 No 86. Caroline moved to Hobart and was buried there on 15 Feb 1941 aged 81.