This is possibly Charles Dudley Chapman who was born on 3 Sep 1862 in Hobart, the son of Charles Augustus Chapman and Jane Gaylor who were married on 7 Dec 1861. His siblings were Montague James Joice born 1864, Franklin Oscar 1871, Florence Phillis 1874, Emily Jane 1877, Albert Arthur 1880 and a sister born in 1885. He was an accountant with Messrs CH Smith & Co. He joined the Launceston Rifle Regiment in 1885 and was Captain of the 2nd Battalion Tasmanian Infantry Regiment from 1897. He was also on the executive of Tasmanian Rifle Association and on the committee of the Northern Club. It was mainly through his efforts that the old Union Jack Gymnasium Club owed its existence. He died on 18 Dec 1907 in Launceston and was buried at the Queenborough Cemetery, Sandy Bay, Hobart.