William Samuel Beaufoy was the son of Samuel and Mary Beaufoy. He was born in Charlton, Kent, England, in 1867 and came to Launceston in the late 1880s. He was married to Mabel (May) Batty on 14 Nov 1894 at the residence of her father, Mr G W Batty, 'Stonycroft', 6 Stone Street, Cataract Hill, Launceston, by the Congregational minister Rev. William Law. Their children were born in 1895 and 1902. They lived at 24 Stone Street, West Launceston in 1902-03, but left Launceston to live in California. William was a partner in the firm of Beaufoy Brothers, Carriers. His three brothers and his future wife Mabel also appear in the Album. See The Examiner 20 Jan 2007, page 30.